Unlike other messenger applications, WhatsApp always saves all photos sent by other users in a folder or album. And the album certainly appears in the Gallery because the album contains all photos from WhatsApp.
This kind of thing is certainly an advantage in the WhatsApp application, but of course, there are some users who don’t like the WhatsApp album in the Gallery application. Interestingly, there is a trick you can try to hide the album, for more details, see the following review.
How to hide WhatsApp photos and videos from Gallery
The method I gave this time is very easy for you to do, you don’t need to root your Android and you don’t need to install additional applications. This method is just a trick that you can do through WhatsApp’s built-in features and the Android system itself.
1. Hide photos and videos from 1 Chat
You can do the first method of hiding photos and videos directly through the WhatsApp application. You can enter one of the chats/groups, and then make a few changes so that the saved photos and videos don’t appear in the Gallery. For more details, see the steps below.
- Open the WhatsApp application, and select a chat/group.
- Tap on the WhatsApp profile page.
- Select Show Media.
- Information Show new media downloaded from this chat in your phone gallery? Select No. _
After making the above changes, your pictures, photos, and videos will not appear in the Gallery. The old image will still be visible, while the image that the user submitted after making the change will not be visible.
Please note that these changes only affect the chat room/group you are making changes to. No effect on other chat rooms.
Are the images still stored in the phone’s memory? Of course, the images are still stored in the phone’s memory. It’s just that the image is hidden.
2. Hide photos and videos from all contacts and groups
Next is to hide photos and videos from all WhatsApp contacts and groups. To make these changes, you can enter the WhatsApp Chat settings. Check out the steps below.
- Open the WhatsApp application, and tap the three-dot icon at the top.
- Select Settings » Chat » Turn off the Show media feature.
After making these changes, WhatsApp will hide all media such as photos and videos from the phone’s Gallery (which have just been downloaded / after making changes).
3. Hide photos and videos via File Manager
Apart from changing the Settings of the WhatsApp application, you can also try other tricks through the File Manager on your Android phone.
This method is able to hide all WhatsApp media (photos and videos), both old and new. To do this, you can follow the steps below.
- Open the File Manager application on your Android phone.
- Enter Internal Storage » WhatsApp » Media.
- In the WhatsApp Images folder, rename the folder to.WhatsApp Images.
- Add a dot in front with the aim of hiding the folder from the gallery.
- Do the same for the WhatsApp Video and WhatsApp Audio folders if you want to hide them too.
Note: Each device has a different method, you need to adapt to the device you are using.
I think the method above is easy enough for you to do. As an experiment whether your method is successful or not, you can open the gallery application on your Android / iOS (iPhone) cellphone. If something is not understood, please ask via the comments column below.